NDA & NA Exam Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of NDA will be prescribed by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Before starting with the NDA & NA exam preparation, candidates are advised to go through the exam pattern of NDA & NA 2021 in detail. The exam pattern of NDA comprises of the number of sections, marking scheme, time duration and the number of questions in every section. The knowledge of a detailed NDA 2021 exam pattern will allow the candidates to prepare for the entrance examination in a better way.
As per the exam pattern of NDA 2021, the written examination comprises two subjects – Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT). The entrance exam is conducted in offline mode and a total of 900 marks have been allotted for the written examination. Candidates must note that each paper of NDA & NA is conducted for 2 ½ hours duration. By knowing the exam pattern of NDA & NA not only helps in understanding the exam well, but candidates can also know about the number of questions asked in each section. Candidates are advised to go through the exam pattern and marking scheme of NDA & NA 2021 that have been mentioned below.
- Candidates qualifying the written examination of NDA & NA will be called for SSB Interview that carries a total of 900 marks.
- The age Limit for NDA 2021 is between 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
Highlights of NDA & NA Examination
|Type of Questions in Exam
|Multiple Choice Questions in both the exams
|Number of Papers
Paper -I for Mathematics
Paper-II for General Ability Test
In the table mentioned below, candidates can cross-check all the details regarding the exam pattern of NDA & NA 2021 in order to know about the overall structure of the entrance examination.
As per the paper pattern of NDA, there will written exam and SSB tests. The written exam of NDA will consist of Mathematics and General Ability Test. Candidates should write the papers in their own handwriting. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them. Candidates can check details of the following NDA exam pattern for the written exam –
|150 minutes (2 and half Hour)
|General Ability Test
|150 Minutes (2 and half Hour)
OUR COURSE HIGHLIGHTS:
- 6 Months / 3 Months & 45-Days Revision Crash Courses.
- 1 Year & 2 Year Courses for Deep Preparation of Exam.
- School & Campus Integrated Program Available
- Hostle Facility For Students with Safe Environment
- Full Syllabus Coverage and Full Study Material
- Intensive Practice Sessions and doubt classes By Expert faculty
- Interactive Online / Live Classes by India’s Best Teachers.
- Instant Doubt Resolution : Get Doubts Solved Immediately After Class.
- Regular & Weekend Classes : Classes as per time-table
- Weekly Tests : Get assessed regularly to perform better
- Personalised Extra Classes : Improve understanding of concepts
- Monthly PTA Meetings : Parents get updates on their child’s performance during monthly meetings
- Online To Regular Classroom Course: Student can shift from Online Course to Regular Classroom Course
Section-Wise Exam Pattern of NDA & NA
General Ability Test
- The General Ability Test section will be divided into four parts: A, B, C, D.
- There will be a total of 150 questions.
- All questions will carry equal marks.
- There will be four options and candidates will have to choose only one option.
- The total duration of the Paper is 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The total marks allotted for the General Ability Section is 600.
- For every correct answer, candidate will be awarded 4 marks while for every incorrect
answers, 0.33 will be deducted
- Mathematics section will carry a total of 120 questions.
- The total marks allotted to this section is 300.
- For every correct answer, candidates will be awarded 2.5 marks while for every
incorrect answer, 0.33 will be deducted.
- The question paper will be set both in English and Hindi.
Subject-wise Distribution of Marks:
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared the subject-wise distribution of marks.
|General Ability Test
History, Freedom Movement, etc.
NDA & NA Exam Syllabus :
The syllabus for the written exam of NDA will provide candidates with all the important topics of each subject. Candidates will be able to collect the required preparation material based on the syllabus of the exam. The topics in the NDA syllabus have been compiled after reviewing the syllabus of Class 10 and 12 level.The syllabus for the written exam of NDA will provide candidates with all the important topics of each subject. Candidates will be able to collect the required preparation material based on the syllabus of the exam. The topics in the NDA syllabus have been compiled after reviewing the syllabus of Class 10 and 12 level.
Syllabus of Mathematics :
- Matrices and Determinants,
- Analytical geometry of Two and Three Dimensional,
- Integral calculus and differential equations,
- Vector algebra,
- Statistics and Probability.
Syllabus of General Ability:
English: Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension, and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
General Knowledge: General Knowledge will broadly cover the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events.
Section A Physics:
Physical Properties and States of Matter, Motion of objects, Static and Current Electricity, conductors and Non-conductors, Natural and Artificial Magnets, Simple Pendulum
Section B Chemistry:
Physical and Chemical changes, Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbon dioxide, Oxidation and Reduction.
Section C General Science:
Difference between the living and non-living. The basis of Life—Cells, Protoplasms, and Tissues. Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals. Elementary knowledge of Human Body and its important organs. Common Epidemics, their causes, and prevention. Food— Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food, Balanced Diet. The Solar System—Meteors and Comets, Eclipses. Achievements of Eminent Scientists.
Section D History, Freedom Movement, etc.
Section E Geography:
The Earth, its shape, and size. Latitudes and Longitudes, Concept of time. International Date Line. Movements of Earth and their effects. Origin of Earth. Rocks and their classification; Weathering—Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and Volcanoes. Ocean Currents and Tides Atmosphere and its composition; Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Planetary Winds, Cyclones and Anti-cyclones; Humidity; Condensation and Precipitation; Types of Climate, Major Natural regions of the World. Regional Geography of India—Climate, Natural vegetation. Mineral and Power resources; location and distribution of agricultural and Industrial activities.
Section F Current Events:
Knowledge of important events that have happened in India in recent years. Current important world events. Prominent personalities—both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
How to Prepare for NDA & NA:
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the NDA & NA examination twice a year. Candidates who aspire to serve the country and become a part of Indian Armed Forces (The Army, The Air Force, The Navy) have to appear for this exam.
It is, therefore, extremely important for candidates taking the exam to ensure that their preparation strategy is headed in the right direction. Here’s a list of few tips that will not only make candidates’ preparation easy but will also reduce their stress level in the run-up to the examination:
Clear Your Basics: Candidates must go through the syllabus in detail and get their basics right before getting into complex topics. The right approach to clear any examination is to first clear concepts so that it becomes easier to solve complex problems.
Inculcate the Habit of Reading Newspapers: Reading newspapers is described as one of the best activities to improve General Knowledge. This habit can really help candidates crack the NDA/NA exam
Work on English & Current Affairs: Any candidate with good communication skills and command over the language tend to catch the attention of the interviewers. Also, working on English and General Knowledge can help candidates score better in the exam.
Go through Previous Years’ Question Papers: Another great way to prepare for NDA/NA 2020 exam is to refer to previous years’ question and test papers. This is an important preparation technique to get an idea about the type of questions that will be asked in the exam and will also help in time management.
Beware of Negative Marking: While preparing for NDA entrance exam, candidates must keep in mind the ‘negative marking’. For every wrong question, 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total marks.
Time Management: Time management is an important skill in order to crack an entrance exam like NDA. Candidates should try not to waste time if they get stuck on one question.
Read about History of India: Reading about history may sound boring to most of the candidates. However, many questions in the NDA exam are related to history. Knowing history well can increase the test takers’ chance of cracking the NDA exam