ABOUT JNVST & JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SELECTION TEST
Before introducing to JNVST Coaching , we must first understand what Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samithi is. The National Policy on Education-1986 envisaged setting up of residential schools, to be called Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, that would bring out the best of rural talent.
It was felt that children with special talent or aptitude should be provided opportunities to progress at a faster pace by making good quality education available to them irrespective of their capacity to pay for it. Such education would enable students from rural areas to compete with their urban counterparts on an equal footing; seamlessly assimilating and integrating them into the mainstream of the society.
The Navodaya Vidyalaya System which began as a unique experiment, is today unparalleled in the annals of school education in India and elsewhere. Its significance lies in the selection of talented rural children as the target group and the attempt to provide them quality education comparable to the best in a residential school system.
VISION : To provide good quality modern education-including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, adventure activities and physical education- to the talented children predominantly from the rural areas without regard to their family’s socio-economic conditions. Navodaya Vidyalayas draw their students strength from talented children, selected on the basis of a merit test, called the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test, designed, developed and conducted initially by NCERT and now by CBSE. The test is held annually on an All India basis and at block and district levels. The test is objective, class neutral and is so designed as to ensure that rural children are not at a disadvantage while attempting it.
WHY JNV’s : It has some of the best faculties who are selected through a strict selection process. Every permanent faculty has to face written test and interview along with detailed background check. The school faces routine inspections from various authorities both internal and external. Deputy Commissioner/District Collector/District Magistrate is head of the Vidyalaya Management Committee. The school have the best pass percentage among all schools affiliated to CBSE. It has on an average a campus spread across 30 acres which has many sports facilities. In fact, JNV is recognized as a separate state by School Games Federation of India. The students also take part in Japan- East Asia Network of Exchange for Students and Youths, wherein students from JNV go to Japan as part of Exchange Programme. Many of the schools have also been awarded International School Award from British Council. As part of exchange programme students from India have gone to the UK. Many of the alumni are part of Civil Service.
ACADEMICS : Navodaya Vidyalayas are affiliated to CBSE and offer free education to talented children from Class-VI to XII. Each Navodaya Vidyalaya is a co-educational residential institution providing free boarding and lodging, free school uniforms, text books, stationery, and to and fro rail and bus fare to students. However, a nominal fee @ Rs. 600/- per month is charged from students of Classes- IX to XII as Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi. The students belonging to SC/ST categories, girls and children of the families Below Poverty Line (BPL) are exempted from payment of this fee. VVN is collected @ Rs. 1500/- per student per month from the students whose parents are Govt. Employees.
JNV’s Facilities :
- Boarding facilities
- Lodging facilities
- Text books
- Stationery (such as pen, pencil, eraser, scale, geometry box, note books,school bag )
- Daily use items(Bathing soap, Washing soap, Tooth paste, Tooth brush, Shoe polish, Hair oil, Washing and ironing of cloths, Sanitary napkins for girls)
Following expenditure on students in JNVs also born by NVS
- Travel expenditure of students by IIIAC in train/AC bus
- Medical expenditure.
PROCEDURE OF ADMISSION:
Admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is made on the basis of a Selection Test, designed and conducted by the CBSE. The test is called the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST). It is of non-verbal nature, class-neutral and designed so as to ensure that talented children from rural areas are able to compete without facing any disadvantage. Special care is taken to ensure that children from far flung areas get admission forms free of cost, without any difficulty. Sufficient publicity is done through Doordarshan, All India Radio, local newspapers, pamphlets, Vidyalaya websites and through visits of Principals and teachers of Navodaya Vidyalayas to the local schools of the district.
To know more login to www.navodaya.gov.in
For class 6:
- A candidate (he/she) seeking admission must be within the age group of 9 to 13 years.
- This is applicable to candidates of all categories, including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes(SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs).
For class 9:
- A candidate seeking admission must be between the age group 13-16 years on 1st May of the year of admission for which the Selection Test is conducted.
- This is applicable to all categories of candidates including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
For class 11:
- Students seeking admission in Class–XI should be within the age limit of 14-18 years as on 1st July, of the year of admission.
- The candidate must have passed Class–X from a recognized school (affiliated to CBSE or any other State Education Board) of the district where the JNV is located during the academic session of the year of admission.
- The merit list will be prepared as per marks obtained by the applicant in the Class–X Board Exam and the admission will be given as per eligibility of candidate and the seats available in the JNV concerned.
- The candidates must have reasonable competency in English and Hindi.
OUR COURSE HIGHLIGHTS:
- 6 Months / 3 Months & 45-Days Revision Crash Courses.
- We prefer very limited members in a batch so that teachers can personally contact with the students with much ease.
- Specially Designed Study Materials and Worksheets on each topics
- Intensive Practice Sessions and doubt classes By Expert faculty
- Guidance from The Academy experts to define the Study Plan with the Best Strategy
- Monthly PTA Meetings: Parents get updates on their child’s performance during monthly meetings
- Full-length mock tests & section wise practice questions
- Hostel Facility For Students with Safe Environment
Online / Live Course:
- Video Lecture on all Subjects By Experienced Faculty
- Live Classes to Solve Model Papers
- E-Notes with Examples of all Subjects
- Practice Set with Solution
- Unit- wise Online Test Series
- Trend analysis & Teaching Plan
- Previous Year Questions and Solutions
Schooling + Hostel Program:
- 100% Guaranteed Success in Exams With Schooling by Francis Sainik Academy
- Hostel Facilities With in Campus for the students.
- Special Classes for Personality Development, Communication, and Spoken English
- Fee concession for Defence Personnel
- Safety: CCTV cameras at entrances of all hostels.
- Fooding: Best Mess service with Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Milk, Eggs extra.
- 24×7 electricity and water supply in all hostel.
- Exclusive uninterrupted study room for students.
- Medical facility available with free medicines provided to sick students.
- Laundry, Hair Cutting facility with in Hostel.
JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SELECTION TEST EXAM PATTERN:
No written exam. The merit list will be prepared as per marks obtained by the applicant in the Class–X Board Exam and the admission will be given as per eligibility of candidate and the seats available in the JNV concerned.